Click Here for English Version
- 使用我们的股票研究仿真系统 (WebSim)，开发量化金融模型 (Alpha)
- 登录WebSim，同意接受Challenge Guidelines，并在2018暑期实习生申请确认栏弹出时确认您的申请。
- 浏览“入门 (Getting Started)”栏目的相关帮助文档，观看培训视频并开始创建alpha。
- 我们将综合考虑申请者在WebSim上的alpha总得分(Score)及alpha整体得分(Meta Score)等因素遴选实习生。在实习选拔（Internship Selection）期间，中国大陆地区（CN）、中国香港地区（HK）最终分数超过3000分（含），或alpha综合表现优异的候选人将参加面试选拔。我们会根据alpha分数及最终面试结果决定最终实习生名单。申请者在选拔过程中表现出的学习热情(在线仿真次数、培训参与活跃度等)亦会被酌情考虑。
- 分数的计算将基于申请者在2017年11月1日(含)至2017年12月31日(含)期间所提交(submitted)的所有alpha; 面试预计于12月底至1月初开始。
2018 WorldQuant China Quantitative Research Summer Internship
We are seeking Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Finance majors to participate in our quantitative research summer internship. Candidates need not have prior knowledge of financial markets, but must have a strong interest in learning about them. Interns will be working with a team of experienced researchers to explore the quantitative finance world.
Outstanding Learning Opportunities:
- Training classes / seminars about fundamentals of quantitative finance research, modeling and theoretical stock price movement prediction
- An accomplished researcher will be an advisor who will guide and coach you during internship
- Access to our stock simulation system (WebSim) that you can use to develop your quantitative financial models (alphas)
- Opportunity for students in engineering and science to break into the financial industry
- Opportunity to potentially be considered for a subsequent Research Consultant role and participate in opportunities available to consultants like Global Research Projects, access to non-traditional datasets, trainings, among other things.
Responsibilities (includes, but not limited to the following):
- Analyze various types of financial market data
- Create computer-based models that seek to predict the movements of financial markets
- Working toward a Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree from a leading university in mainland China or HK in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Finance or any other related field that is highly analytical and quantitative, with an anticipated graduation date after August 31, 2018
- Internship opportunities are open only to candidates who are eligible to work in mainland China.
- Have a strong interest in learning about financial markets
Successful candidates will work in our research office in Beijing or Shanghai. Interns will be paid a stipend for the duration of their internship.
Internship Application and Intern selection process:
- Register for a WebSim account. Please make sure to fill out your academic profile when applying for a new account.
- On logging into WebSim, if you haven’t already done so, please accept the challenge guidelines and, when prompted, confirm your interest in being considered for the 2018 Summer Internship program.
- View the “Getting Started” section of the help documentation, watch recorded training videos and start building alphas.
- Attend online and onsite training sessions / seminars .
- Selection of candidates will be done on the basis of their Score and Meta Score in building alphas within WebSim, among other things. Internship candidates in the mainland China region (CN), and HK region (HK) who achieve a final score in Internship Selection period equal to or higher than 3,000, or who otherwise have outstanding alpha performance during Internship Selection period, will be invited to an interview. We would then select candidates based on their alpha score and performance during the interview to decide the final list of candidates for the internship. We will also take into consideration candidates’ learning attitude (e.g. number of simulations, active participation in training etc.) in selection.
- We will consider all alphas created and submitted between November 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017 for score based selection of interns. Interviews will likely be scheduled to begin in late December or early January.
- Interns will be notified around the end of January, 2018 of their selection and will have to go through a background check before being offered Internship positions.
- More details about the program will be available closer to the launch of competition for internship selection.
Information Session Schedule
We will be conducting onsite and web based session to share information about the internship program. Please attend one of the sessions listed in the Calendar. You can access the calendar by clicking here.