WorldQuant India Quantitative Research Summer Internship
We are seeking Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Finance majors to be considered to participate in our quantitative research summer internship. Candidates need not have prior knowledge of financial markets, but must have a strong interest in learning about them. Interns will be working with a team of experienced researchers to explore the quantitative finance world.
Outstanding Learning Opportunities:
- Training classes / seminars about fundamentals of quantitative finance research, modeling and theoretical stock price movement prediction
- An accomplished researcher will be an advisor who will guide and coach you during internship
- Access to our web-based stock simulation system (WebSim) that you can use to develop your quantitative financial models (alphas)
- Opportunity for students in engineering and science to break into the financial industry
- Opportunity to potentially be considered for a subsequent Research Consultant role and participate in opportunities available to consultants like Global Research Projects, access to non-traditional datasets, trainings, additional resources, etc.
Responsibilities (includes, but not limited to the following):
- Analyze various types of financial market data
- Create computer-based models that seek to predict the movements of financial markets
- Working toward a Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree from a leading university in India in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Finance or any other related field that is highly analytical and quantitative, with an anticipated graduation date after August 31, 2019
- Internship opportunities are open to candidates who are eligible to work in India
- Have a strong interest in learning about financial markets
Successful candidates will work in WorldQuant’s research offices in Mumbai or Gurgaon. Interns will be paid a stipend for the duration of their internship and at the conclusion of the internship may be extended the opportunity to become a research consultant.
Internship positions at WorldQuant are limited and not all candidates who may otherwise be eligible are guaranteed an internship position. For those who are not selected to join the Quantitative Research Internship Program, you may still be eligible for a research consultant opportunity subject to the successful completion of a background check in addition to any other requirements.
Internship Application and Intern selection process:
- Register for a WebSim account. Please make sure to fill out your academic profile when applying for a new account.
- On logging into WebSim, if you haven’t already done so, please accept the challenge guidelines and, when prompted, confirm your interest in being considered for the 2018 Summer Internship program.
- View the “Getting Started” section of the help documentation, watch recorded training videos and start building alphas.
- Attend online and onsite training sessions/ seminars.
- Selection of candidates will be done on the basis of their score in building alphas within WebSim and their academic profile, among other things. Internship candidates who achieve a final score of 10,000 or higher between December 01, 2017 and January 31, 2018, or who otherwise have outstanding alpha performance between those dates may be selected.
- We will consider all alphas submitted between December 01, 2017 to January 31, 2018 for score-based selection of interns for the 2018 Summer Internship.
- Interns will be notified at the beginning of February 2018 of their selection and will have to go through a background check process before being offered internship positions.
- We reserve the right to amend the site, this landing page, any elements of the Quantitative Research Internship Program or these guidelines at any time our sole discretion with or without notice to candidates, and to cancel, change or terminate the Quantitative Research Internship Program.
Information Session Schedule
We will be conducting onsite and web based session to share information about the internship program. Please attend one of the sessions listed in the Calendar. You can access the calendar by clicking here.